Friday, July 24, 2009

First Full Day of Youth Gathering

Hi, this is one of the leaders-Paul. Today was our first full day of the youth gathering here in New Orleans and it was packed full. There was never a dull moment throughout the day, starting with waking up a little late in the morning (that was my fault). After that little glitch-our group moved to the convention center for a day of learning. I am not going to tell you all the things our group did today.....make sure to ask the kids and let them tell you the experiences we had. This is my first time at an event such as this and I am in awe of the atmosphere here. Our kids have been incredible and have blown me away with their view of what is happening. I am living in the moment with them and experiencing this event with them. Our group has adopted the attitude of "God's work and Our Hands" and we even videotaped a pledge about this during one of the interactive activities. We started the afternoon with a cool ride on a streetcar and we spent some quality time with the group over an incredible dinner. We went to the evening worship at the Superdome and had a little frustration with crowds and heat and humidity but when 38000 people all praise God's name and are dancing and moving with the spirit...that makes it all worthwhile. We capped the evening off with a great concert by Lost and Found. If you don't know their music--I suggest you look them up and you will become a fan in no time.
Ok...time for lights out and tomorrow is another day......and I am looking forward to what God has in store for us tomorrow....
God is good----all the time....
All the time----God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment